Summer Season 2016



 My 5th season in Portugal and the 4th in Lisbon is raising. Four years in the same city and on the same trails. I would never have expected that when I arrived. But the smoove city and even more the mountainbike paradise outside of the city made me stay. Within this time I paddled most parts of the country, hundreds of trails through Sintra and Lisbon, improved my bike skills and understood the bike mechanics. I built up travel bikes, hosted dozens of bike travellers and sealed my own panniers. Time to look forward and see what this fourth year will bring...


Tours 
Of course we will keep up with the weekly rides in good company. Tours through Lisbon, Cascais and Sintra, up the hills of Sintra, to the seafood restaurants of Sessimbra, the castle of Palmela and the pictueresc village of Ericeira. Smoove relaxing tours and thrilling mountainbiking on halfday-, fullday- and multiday trips in small groups. I try to realize a halfday- and a day-trip once a week and a weekend-trip once a month. If no one of the tours fits with your wishes or abilities, just let me know. I'm flexible. Feel free to join us! 

Guidebook 
After 3 years and thousands of kilometer I feel quite home on the trails of Serra de Sintra. This year I want to go a new way to let you join the trails. During the winter I figured out my favourite trails between Lisbon, Cascais, Sintra, Ericeira and Mafra. Over the summer I want to provide them step by step with some explications, classification
and GPS-trails. Keep your eyes open!

Bike Surfing 
The system of couchsurfing meanwhile is wellknown: You come to an unknown city and need a place to sleep, maybe some background info. And private people provide that. Not for money, but based on trust and respect. Easy to guess what bike surfing is, right? Meanwhile a couple of different communities popped up on this sector. I participate on couchsurf.org and bikesharing.org. But anyway you know how to reach me...

Bike Garage 
Since the day I moved in my flat is a garage with kitchen and bed. What during the winter was pushed back to one corner, in the some covers main parts of the flat. Meanwhile for most of the situations I'm good prepared to maintain all works on my own. I got all tools needed in practise and got a lot of used stuff to help out in many situations. When ever you need a helping hand, just come around!

Travel Bikes
I'm not really a mechanic, but there is one thing I meanwhile got experience: building travel bikes, my big passion. Meanwhile I sent a couple of bikes from Lisbon on they way eastwards and while my first commission work reached Cambodia, I have already two new missions for this spring and still lust for more.

Bike bags and panniers
Another step to become independent in travel bike building are the panniers and bags. What started as a simple idea, using trash material and cutting boards in the beginning, turned into a serious project during the last winter. The panniers are still amendable but convincing on a great value for money level. It´s time for some diversification now.

Trips and adventures

Last but not least I want to have some action and adventures on the trails. During the last years I rode Portugal from east to west and from north to south, from Braganca to Sagres from Viana de Castelo to Castro Marim. Even when this regions are the once I know the best, 2016 Geres and Costa Vicentina are waiting for me and for sure also this year a few unexpected destinations will pop up on my to-do-list.


What ever comes. As long as it is related with a bike: I´m your man.
Interested? Questions? Recommendations? Requests? Doubts? mountainbiketraveller@gmail.com
Want to stay updated? facebook.com/mountainbiketraveller